Monday, August 15, 2011

A Second Hello, and a Super Easy Random Recipe

Hello again!

Today was long, busy, and quite a rollercoaster. 
 I woke up at 6 am, did some housewife-y things, and worked a lovely 7 hour shift scrubbing squashed cookie dough bites and raspberries off the floor at work.

Before work, I randomly opened my cabinet to find some lingering pistachios from a bag I bought a few weeks ago for cupcakes I made (see photo in last post...I should post the recipe sometime. it is uber-yum)

Anyways, I wanted to use them up and originally was going to try to make pistachio nut butter with them in my food processor. But then, I somehow got to talking about chocolate-covered sunflower seeds with my mom (btw, if you haven't had them, they are quite nommy) and decided a similar salty-sweet combo would be delicious, as well.

And thus, this simple Two-Ingredient Recipe was born:

Pistachio Piles:

 1. Melt one cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth. It should take 1-2 minutes, until it looks like this:

2. Roughly chop 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup pistachios or give them a quick pulse in the blender



 3. Toss the nuts into the melted chocolate. Proceed by giving them a swirl with a spatula until combined and clumpy.


4. Scoop with a spoon or mini-melon baller onto a wax-paper covered baking sheet and allow to harden in the fridge (or freezer, if you're impatient, like me)


...Sasha, did you have an accident?

I admit these may look like doggie-doo doo (the green chunks are extra graphic and look like Sasha's turds after shes eaten her veggies -- which assure me -- she does regularly :D)
BUT they taste pretty darn good
and literally could be made in less than 5 minutes

they could also easily be made with any other nuts, any additions of dried fruit, etc

when life is so complicated and sour,
who doesn't love something that simple and delicious? ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment